18 and older
Full course name:Storytelling Fundamentals - Crafting Tales that Captivate any Audience
Everyone loves a good story. Whether you are teaching a lesson, leading a meeting or presentation or going on a date, storytelling is an incredible approach to engaging communication. A dramatic hook, a funny anecdote or a solid button – all can encourage looking, increase understanding and snag the audience.
This workshop teaches the basics of good storytelling. We’ll work on how you can incorporate stories in an effective way. Through interactive activities, students will learn tips and tricks to make a story work, and have a chance to workshop the beginnings of story with personalized feedback. What you'll learn
Who this class is for:
- How to craft a good story
- What elements are necessary for a story to be effective
- Dramatic tips and tricks for making any story interesting and engaging
- Professionals, entrepreneurs, creatives, and communications strategists/marketers looking to work on their storytelling skills
- Professionals who have a story they are looking to polish for presentation
- Educators who want to use storytelling in their education plan
Doors open at 6:30 PM, workshop starts at 7 PM sharp
. Please arrive by 6:45
to get settled and network with fellow attendees.This workshop is highly interactive so in addition to learning new skills and strategies, you will also have an opportunity to network with inspiring, like-minded people.