18 and older
This Class will cover how to build and edit Tables, and how to write structured references that make function writing easier and more flexible. We will also cover data validation and build drop down lists in your spreadsheets.Skills required:
- Be able to Write functions
- Understand Absolute vs Relative Cell References
- Know how to navigate menu options in Excel
Excel Genius is a new set of classes aimed at students who have taken the Beginner and Intermediate Excel courses, or who have good fundamental knowledge of Excel, and who would like to gain a deeper understanding of the world’s most popular spreadsheet application. Each class will cover a topic in depth and then give students exercises that apply that knowledge to real world situations.
While we recommend that students take the classes in order, there are no attendance requirements, and students are welcome to repeat or skip classes as they choose.
- Class 1: Logic Functions
- Class 2: Conditional Stat Functions
- Class 3: Charts and Sparklines
- Class 4: Tables, Structured References, and Data Validation
- Class 5: Pivot Tables
- Class 6: Lookup Functions
- Class 7: Importing Data, String Functions, and Goal Seek
Each Class will have its own set of specific requirements, but all classes will use the following skills:
These are registration based classes and spots may fill up quickly. If for any reason we're unable to accommodate your registration, we will let you know as soon as possible.
- Data Entry
- Selecting Cells
- Copy and Paste
- Formatting Cells